The popularity of TikTok has boomed in the United States and Canada in 2020. The last few months have shown that Tiktok is more than just dance videos and crazy challenge compilations. TikTok can also be a very effective marketing tool.
What is TikTok ?
Tiktok is an application where users can create videos with a maximum length of 60 seconds.
Tiktok is not only about interacting with family and friends, but primarily about enjoying the user. This social network focuses on content creation, offering its users the opportunity to showcase a particular talent and share it with the world.
Why TikTok is so popular?
Since 2016, the TikTok app has conquered over 150 countries and counts 800 million active users worldwide.
There are many reasons for the popularity of TikTok:
- Tiktok’s algorithm is very powerful: it selects itself the content presented to users rather than suggesting it like Instagram or Facebook do.
- Filters, special effects, transitions, stickers, gifs, are very numerous on TikTok : : users can perfectly exploit their creative side.
- TikTok’s music library: the application also provides access to an extensive music library to add complex sound effects to their creation.
- The TikTok challenges: a large number of videos consist in participating or creating challenges.
How can TikTok help your business?
Several brands decided to follow the trend and launch a marketing campaign on TikTok.
But in order to use TikTok as a marketing tool, we must first understand its purpose, its users and its creative possibilities.
Here are some tips for brands that would like to add TikTok to their marketing mix.
1.Create short and attractive content : You need to make short videos that capture attention quickly.
2. Create content specific to TikToK.
3. Create some entertainment: The type of TikTok publication is quite different from Instagram for example. The principal objective should not be informative or promotional but diverting.
Can we advertise on TikTok?
We don’t often think of TikTok to launch an advertising campaign. However, it is an original way to promote your brand to the young public.
Several types of TikTok ads exist :
In the form of hashtag challenge, very interactive for users.
The takeover ad: a first exclusive advertising interaction with the user.
In-feed advertising: between posts, TikTok includes your ad.