2021 was a turning point for all of us. Covid-19 has completely unseated business sectors that hardly have been seen as not accelerating in digital transformation and radically changed consumer behavior. As we move through 2022, marketers should start planning their marketing strategies for an easier and more successful year! Let bygones be bygones and get better prepared for the future by learning about the digital marketing trends and innovations of 2022.
The Potential of Influencer Marketing
Firstly, influencer marketing is a form of marketing that uses individuals with large followings on social networks to convey brand messages to a target audience. These people will influence the purchasing decisions of consumers in a particular market segment.
According to Vogue Business’s estimation, by 2022, brands will spend an upward of $15 million annually on influencers in their marketing strategies. A portion of this money is expected to be spent on virtual influencers.
According to Influencer Marketing Hub, during the Covid-19 pandemic, as people continue to spend most of their time on social media, the influencer marketing industry will grow to about 13.8 billion USD in 2022. This is a much more stable digital marketing trend than those of previous years and is expected to grow strongly.
The Rise of Metaverse Marketing
Metaverse is a shift away from traditional advertisements and towards creating brand interactions that are more experiential and thrilling while also being less intrusive than what we are seeing with digital advertising.
Even before Facebook announced its decision to change its official company name to Meta and increase its focus on Metaverse, it was already a candidate for this innovation. However, after the global announcement of this new change, searches for Metaverse have grown to completely unimaginable levels. Among those terms, Metaverse marketing also quickly rose to the top.
In addition, in the digital age, old online and offline marketing strategies, such as flagship stores, giant billboards, and other conventional norms, very quickly become obsolete. Everything from context-focused ads to Instagram influencers to platforms, such as Fortnite, Twitch, Roblox, and TikTok, is engaging people of all ages.
Long-form videos are no longer popular, even including YouTube
Meta launched IGTV and Facebook Watch in 2020. This has led many to think that long-form videos will dominate the social network in the future. But the emergence of Tik Tok – a short-form video platform, has completely changed the game.
As of now, Meta has stopped using IGTV, and not many people talk about Facebook Watch anymore. Even YouTube, the last bastion of long-form videos, has introduced a new format called YouTube Shorts.
However, not all short-form video platforms can capture users’ attention. Users watch videos not only because of the short duration but also for the attractiveness and entertainment of the content. Therefore, there remains a lot to be seen when it comes to these trends in video content.
Collaborating more with the creator community
After that, the creator community has been around for a long time, but it has only exploded and expanded during a pandemic when people wanted to diversify their sources of income. Nowadays, people who often make money through their hobbies, create a second source of income, or find freelance work through social networks are gradually becoming more popular. They are all called Creators.
These digital marketing trends are strongly fueled by social networks as a series of new features and tools are launched, such as:
- Tik Tok Creator Marketplace
- Collaborate on Instagram
- Instagram’s Branded Content Ads Feature
- Facebook’s Brand Collabs Manager tool
- YouTube’s Brand Connect
- Super Follows Service on Twitter
In conclusion, all of these tools are designed to help content creators get paid. So they can continue to add value to brands and users on the platforms of their choice.
Those are the trends and innovations for digital marketing that we are likely to see highly emphasized this year. Understanding these upcoming changes will help agencies work more effectively and reach their target audience more easily.
- Twelve Digital Marketing Trends For 2022 And How To Take Advantage Of Them: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2021/12/07/twelve-digital-marketing-trends-for-2022-and-how-to-take-advantage-of-them/?sh=c5b9ec37138e.
- 5 key digital marketing trends for 2022: https://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2022/02/02/5-key-digital-marketing-trends-2022.
- Navigating the creator economy gold rush: https://www.voguebusiness.com/companies/navigating-the-creator-economy-gold-rush
- 21 Marketing Trends You Need to Know For 2022: https://womenlovetech.com/5-digital-marketing-trends/.
- What will digital marketing look like in the metaverse?: https://analyticsindiamag.com/what-will-digital-marketing-look-like-in-the-metaverse/.
- 5 Digital Marketing Trends And Innovations For 2021: https://marketinginsidergroup.com/marketing-strategy/marketing-trends/.
- Key Influencer Marketing Statistics You Need to Know for 2022: https://influencermarketinghub.com/influencer-marketing-statistics/.
- Nouvelles tendances du marketing de demain : https://digital.hec.ca/blog/nouvelles-tendances-du-marketing-de-demain-a-laune-de-linnovation-technologique/.