How to promote an event using Instagram?
Promoting events can seem complicated but with the right tool, you can get super good results.
One of the main tools that event promoters use is Instagram stories and here we will see step by step how to do it.
Step 1. Planification
Planification is super important when promoting an event. Before starting the promotion you want to make sure that you have everything that you need. Here is what I would recommend having before you start.
- Date, time and place
- Number of stories you want to post
- Eye-catching visual
- a clear description of the event
In general, you will want to catch the attention of people with the first stories, then give all the information about the date and the time.
Step 2. Team up with influencers
Nowadays, influencer marketing is super important because you can reach their huge fan base. You can use a celebrity for a large event or a local influencer that will promote your event in their stories or in a post. For example, when promoting a club event in Montreal, promoters will try to get an occupation double participant to promote their event since they are big influencers everyone knows.
Step 3. Use the available Instagram features
Instagram offers a variety of features that one who wants to promote an event can use.
- Swipe up link: Adding a link that can redirect the user to the Facebook page of the event.
- Location hashtags: make sure that people know where they can find your event
- Countdown sticker: Create a sense of urgency. People will know when the tickets are available and they will try to get them quick before there are none left.
- Create a Highlight story: The customer will be able to see all the stories related to the event in this tab.
- Use Instagram insight: It can help you see when your audience is most active on Instagram so you can post at the right time
See here an example of a great Instagram story used to promote an Party:
Here is the link to create a business account on Instagram: